Visitor Info

Church open.

 

Ordnance Survey reference: SH 328 828

 

Find using Google Maps


Join the Friends

Join us and make a difference


Find Churches

Find Friends' churches to visit by using our interactive map


Donate Now

Help keep Friends' churches wind and watertight


Our Book

Buy a copy of our 50th anniversary book



Latest News

Mar 31, 2014
We have just completed the first round of repairs ...
Jun 27, 2013
A new, inclusive one-stop shop website for individuals and organisations who want to protect historic buildings, largely put together by Lucie Carayon, the Ancient Monuments Society's Casework Secretary.

Read all news


Enter eRoom(Friends' Trustees only)

Externally this church looks almost like a barn but once inside you will find a complete late Georgian interior, made even more so by our recent reintroduction of new timber windows modelled on what used to exist, designed by Tim Ratcliffe. The church is 18th century in origin but was much rebuilt in 1841. It has 3 fonts, the earliest of them 14th century.  The first photo in the slide show shows the roof before we recovered it.

 

The building is still around because of one man, Rev Edgar Jones, who kept it ticking over for some two decades until vesting with us became possible. It was tragic that he died just as the repairs were finished in 2009.

 

A further round of internal repairs took place late in 2011.

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!