Visitor Info

Church kept open.

 

Ordnance Survey reference: SN 228 431

 

Find using Google Maps


Join the Friends

Join us and make a difference


Find Churches

Find Friends' churches to visit by using our interactive map


Donate Now

Help keep Friends' churches wind and watertight


Our Book

Buy a copy of our 50th anniversary book



Latest News

Aug 25, 2014
The 2014 annual report and accounts have been added to the e-room.
Mar 31, 2014
We have just completed the first round of repairs ...
Jun 27, 2013
A new, inclusive one-stop shop website for individuals and organisations who want to protect historic buildings, largely put together by Lucie Carayon, the Ancient Monuments Society's Casework Secretary.

Read all news


Enter eRoom(Friends' Trustees only)

The old church of Manordeifi was taken on by the Friends in 2000, following its closure. It is listed Grade II* and survives as a rare example of an unaltered 'pre-ecclesiology' interior. The chancel and nave date from the 13th or 14th century, the west porch being slightly later. The building was modified in the 18th century, and retains fittings from that time including a full set of box pews, the easternmost with fireplaces to warm their occupants, the westernmost slightly raised and decorated with fluted columns. Even counting the benches this does not substantiate the claim that in 1813 the church could seat a thousand people!

 

This description is taken from a full history of the church, by Nigel Yates, published in the Transactions of the Ancient Monuments Society, Vol. 47, 2003. Please contact the office to order a copy of the article.

 

Significant repairs to the roof were started in the Autumn of 2011.

 

Read more about the History of the Church

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!