New Church added - Rhoscrowther, St Decumanus.
The manor of Wickham Bishops was recorded as belonging to the Bishops of London in the Domesday Survey of 1086 and it is possible that this church was originally constructed as a private chapel for the use of the Bishops when staying in the manor.
The church is built of a mixture of flint rubble, boulder clay, puddingstone, septaria and pillaged Roman tile and brick. It dates in the main from the 12th century and consists of just nave and chancel, the former having a 15th century south porch. There is a small western cap which is all that remains of a short broach spire that collapsed before the Friends took over the building.